About Me

Jeriko
ParaƱaque City, NCR, Philippines
BS HRM Student in UST, Friendkeeper, Problem Adviser, Music Ethusiast, Kapamilya All the Way, Frustrated Musician, Aspiring Pastry Chef
View my complete profile

Followers

Monday, November 1, 2010
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/f/friends_forever-1936.jpg

Portrait of a Friend




I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts, or fears. But I can listen to you, and together we can seek answers.

I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain, nor the future with it's untold stories. But I can be there now when you need me to care.

I can't keep your feet from stumbling. I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.

Your joys, triumphs, successes, and happiness are not mine. Yet I can share in your laughter and joy.

Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge. I can only support you, encourage you, and help you when you ask.

I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you. But I can give you the room to change, room to grow, room to be yourself.

I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting. But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces and put them back in place.

I can't tell you who you are. I can only love you and be your friend.

.............Author Unknown


I remember placing this poem in one of the music videos i have made for my dear Tracers. Come to think of it, it speaks of everything how a friend should be. Or better yet, how we should be to our friends. It's a good mode of reflection kung paano ba tayo sa friends natin. We shouldn't be forcing ourselves to become the 'super' friends we aren't. We shouldn't be superior among our circle of friends when you think you could be helpless as well. Mot importantly, dapat matuto tayong makinig kaysa dumakdak. Sabi nga ni Bob Ong, "Ang tenga kapag pinagdikit korteng puso... Extension ng puso ang tenga, kaya kapag marunog kang makinig, marunong kang magmahal" and Sr. Faustina Kowalska wrote in her diary, "Silence is a sword in the spiritual struggle. A talkative soul will never attain sanctity. The sword of silence will cut off everything that would like to cling to the soul. We are sensitive to words and quickly want to answer back, without taking any regard as to whether it is God's will that we should speak. A silent soul is strong; no adversities will harm it if it perseveres in silence. The silent soul is capable of attaining the closet union with God. It lives almost always under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. God works in a silent without hindrance. "

Have a great and splendid November everybody! Remember, kahit na napaka-dull ng "Silence," sometimes it is the best cure for the most bombastic diseases of friendship and relationship. :)



0 comments: